Thursday, September 6, 2012

Louie's 15 minutes of fame



If you have followed me for any length of time, you have been unable to escape looking at pictures of our cat, Louie.  He is without a doubt a camera hog and, most days, my best model.  Definitely the most willing.  I have amassed quite a portfolio of photographs of this feline.  I think it's about time for Louie to hit the spotlight with an entire post dedicated him.  Along the way I will give a little insight on how I took each picture.


click on any picture for a larger image

  

This extreme closeup was taken with mostly natural light from a window camera right.  I used a very small pop from a diffused strobe to fill in a little bit and throw a little light on his face.  Saturated and cropped a little bit in Photoshop but, for the most part, straight out of the camera.









I've always loved this shot of Louie.  It was early morning and he was sitting on the table (as usual). I walked into the room and saw the bright amber morning sun streaming in the East facing window.  He let me take one shot before jumping down.  I'm not sure I could have set it up any better if I had tried.














This is some classic Louie.  Lying around on something soft without a care in the world.  He will lie there for hours, so I always have lots of time to play around with exposures and lighting.  This was shot with on camera flash without much fooling around.  Sharpened and straightened a little in Photoshop but not much else.



click on any picture for a larger image




Finally, this is Louie from his "studio shoot"  I set up a backdrop and two light stands with strobes and white umbrella diffusers.  I laid his favorite blanket over an ottoman and waited for the perfect shot.  I love how the little white hairs show up against the dark backdrop. 












 Visit my website: keithlewisphoto.com

 Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/KeithLewisPhotography


No comments:

Post a Comment