Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall is Festival Time

Towns and cities cross the country are having fall festivals this month.  I find this a good excuse to eat funnel cakes, corn dogs, and giant ears of corn on the cob dipped in some butter like substance.  There is also a phenomenon sweeping the country, or at least the South, that proves the theory that anything can be deep fried and eaten.  I have tried everything from deep fried Twinkies and Snickers bars, to deep fried ice cream and I will admit that 375 degree oil and some powdered sugar improves most things.  I attended the Belmont, NC Fall Festival over the weekend and met some very nice people, along with a number of politicians.  The array of fried food was not as stunning as something you would encounter at a state fair, but it was nonetheless impressive.  My favorite was deep fried Kool-Aid.  My diet wouldn't allow me to try it, but all the kids around speculated that it would be good.  Now that I think about it, nobody actually tried it.  Maybe some things are too weird...even for the South.

Here are some pictures from the festival.

click on any picture for a larger image.











 Yes, that's a giant snake around his neck.  A live albino python something or other.




Make plans to visit a Fall festival near you.  It's a great way to meet, great people, politicians, giant snakes, kids, clowns and maybe try some fried Kool-Aid.


Visit my website: keithlewisphoto.com

 Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/KeithLewisPhotography

 Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KeithLewisPhoto

No comments:

Post a Comment